Killruddery House & Gardens is the premiere open gardens directory in Britain today.

  • Republic of Ireland
  • 0053 (0)1 2863405
  • Home
  • Garden's Finder
  • Garden's Detail

Bray, Co. Wicklow,
Republic of Ireland,

0053 (0)1 2863405

Listed By
User Image

2018-01-17 04:01:15

Opening Days and Hours
Dates/days/times open:

Please check with garden owners or their website to confirm current dates open
Weekends in April; Sat & Sun; 9.30am - 5pm
1st May - 30th Sept; daily; 9.30am - 5pm

Parties/Coaches: Yes
Group Appointment: Yes
House Open for Viewing: Yes

July, August and September; daily; 1pm - 5pm

National Garden Scheme days: No
Best Times of Year to Visit:
To see:
Admission Prices

2013 prices: Adult €11; Concession €9; Child (3-12 yrs) €3; Family (2A + 2C) €22;
Pre-booked groups of 20+ €9
Gardens only: Adult €6.50; Concession €5; Child (-12 yrs) €Free;
Pre-booked groups of 20+ €5.50Season tickets: €70

Onsite Facilities
Parking: Yes
Shop: Yes
Teas: Yes
Dogs Allowed: No
Lavatories: Yes
Plants for Sale: Yes
Refreshment: Yes
On Lead only: No
Disabled Access: Yes
Lunches: Yes
Picnics: Yes
Special Events: Yes
Other Facilities & Comments:

Picnics in Walled Garden only. Please note that admission times & charges may vary during the season when an event is taking place. Limited facilities for the disabled. There is a Farm Market on every Saturday.

Garden Features & Events
English Heritage/Visit Scotland Garden Grade:
National Collection:
Nearby Cambridgeshire Hotels, Facilities & Amenities

Hotels & Accommodation:
Inns & Pubs:
Villages / Towns / Sightseeing:

Bray & Greystones Co. Wicklow

Description of Garden

Killruddery is unique in having the most extensive early formal gardens, still in their original style, surviving in Ireland. Dating from the 1680s they are amongst the most important gardens of their type in these islands.

History Of Garden

Killruddery Estate has been in the ownership of the Brabazon family (the Earls of Meath) since 1618. At the core of the Gardens is a pair of canals (550 ft long). The House dates from the late 1600s but was remodelled in the Elizabethan style by Richard Morrison and his son William in 1820. The House was reduced to its present day proportions in 1953. The Drawing Room and Dining Room have impressive ceilings. A splendid Orangery was added to the House in 1852. The domed roof is by Richard Turner.

2018 Garden Season

Over 650 Open Gardens online
NOW compatible with Tablets, Smartphones and Desktop

Please consider a small donation to support